Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Love Story

Song of Songs 4


I've read this book of the Bible on a number of occasions, but never with the notion that this is God's love story for me.  My study challenges me to consider that God treasures me; that He can't take His eyes off of me.

My reaction? Straight away, I have a difficult time with it.  I see myself in God's eyes as sinful, wretched, and broken.  It's so difficult for me to realize that because of Christs' sacrifice, I am washed clean.  It's a baffling concept - that the God of the universe, our Creator, cherishes me (and you, for that matter).



Dear God,
I am struggling today with your forgiveness.  I cannot grasp the fact that I don't have to live in bondage; that my debt has been paid.  I get it on a brain level, but my heart is confused.  Help me, please.  Help me to sink in to Your comfort and rest.  I want to live in the freedom that Jesus suffered for.  Instead of lugging this anxious load around, I want to lay it down and let You carry me.

Psalm 116:7-14
Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
For you, Lord, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, 
that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
I trusted in the Lord when I said, "I am greatly afflicted"; 
in my alarm I said, "Everyone is a liar."
What shall I return to the Lord for all his goodness to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of al his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment