Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Two

Ecclesiastes 4:9-16

A little girl, too young to know what was going on.  My daddy rescued me.
Two are better than one.
A teenager, confused, struggling, scared - God sent a camp counselor to speak the Truth to me.
Two are better than one.
In college, trying for the first time to develop a sense of self; to stand on my own two feet - along came a group of girls to give me purpose and friendship.  They called themselves Chi Omega's.
Two are better than one.
After college, chasing down my dream job; a mentor took me under her wing and taught me how to give the gift of language.
Two are better than one.
Along comes young adulthood and the consequences of so many mistakes.  A friend sticks by my side and defines what devotion is.
Two are better than one.
Finally a prince charming.  My dream man.  The love of my life.  My forever best friend.  The white dress and then some.
Two are better than one.
A miracle.  Life.  Two heartbeats in one body.  The moment that changed my identity.
Two are better than one.


All of those moments... all of those memories... plus so many more.  That is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment